Sunday, May 03, 2009

What are we waiting for???

Really, you ask yourself what you are waiting for in life? Often I hear people say they are waiting for the 'right' time but what is the right time, when is the right, is there a who with that right time?

I wonder aloud and I ask myself this question and now it seems that all I am waiting for is the funds and the appropriate event or weather to take advantage of what it is I want to do.

2 examples
World Cup Soccer only comes ever 4 years, so I am waiting for the 2010 event in Africa. Now, I have some other things I want to do as well that my overlap or sap funds from this and that is ok, but I have it in my sites and if it is meant to be it will...I am not waiting though

The other is too go to Nepal, Mt Everest and Tibet. Research has shown that there are optimal times and April/May is the best. So, I am planning this, now the 2 of these events potentially conflict $$$ wise but I am certain to do them at some point if not next year.

These are just examples of things in my life that I can make excuses as to why to wait, etc. but the truth is I am ready, I am able and I am willing so I am working toward them both as things to do. For me I have so many travel ideas, places I want to see, things I want to do whether I do these next year or not is not as important, AS LONG AS I am doing other travel things ;-).

I guess I am curious why we reason ourselves out of things, why we wait for the perfect confluence of events to conspire, etc. Does this approach serve us? Are we limiting ourselves from living in our essence? Are we cheating ourselves out of the things we want in life?

This weekend a number of people approached me (family and friends) telling me how awesome it is that I am doing all this travel and how they wish they would have done the same thing when they were younger. Many of them reasoned that as you get "older" you are able to do less and traveling abroad, living on the road, etc is just not something that older people do, so "do it while your young and you can" was the commonly shared feedback.

I understand this thought process and why they feel this way but I choose not to accept that as my truth, I choose to take life by the horns and do my best to live life to the fullest, to live to my human potential. I do not want to be limited by society, tradition, prevailing wisdom, money, time, etc. This is my F*&KING life and I have no time to wait to live my life the way I want.

Dam it is no wonder I love Frank Sinatra and that he also is Italian. Must run in the blood of us passionate beings!

The time is now, so what are you waiting for???

No comments: