Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Joint Mobility

So, I took out my copy of Steve Maxwells Joint Mobility (www.stevemaxwell.com). I thought it would be a great idea to do a review of the exercises and get a feel for what his DVD felt like. I forgot how much of a workout it was and just how great I felt afterward...loose, warm, and energized. I am a big fan of the foam roller for relieving and repairing scar tissue and adhesions (especially if you do not have access to a deep tissue massage), I love the PNF or active partner stretching but I really love the active and flexibility aspects of the Joint Mobility

All the above techniques are lost on people. We forget how important it is to manage our body through recovery and regeneration. A key component to a health body long term is combinding methods such as these mentioned above with, strength and conditioning (via the Kettlebell), and good nutrition and supplementation. It does not take hours a day just a daily commitment to yourself and you can do it 30 minutes a day or less. It has been said by many, sometimes in life you have to make sacrfices to achieve a health body and mind!...what is most important?

I do my joint mobility daily eventhough I do not blog it and I always feel better. I would encourage you to do the same or at least 2 to 3 days a week (even if it is a modified version of Steves workout or what you learn working with me).

More to come...rest for a bit and then do some KBs..

No comments: