Friday, September 15, 2006

ABC's

Today I took a step, in fact many steps in a whole different direction.

First, Dynamic Warm-ups
Heel Walks
Ankle flips
Lunge strides
High Knees
Butt Kickers
Carioca

Second: ladder drills on the ABC ladder
These are awesome. I cannot tell you all that I did since I am only learning the names/moves but I can say they required an enormous amount of concentration, focus and neurological coordination. They taxed my body, got my heart racing and challenged me on a whole new/different level. I love them.

Last
400 repeats
2 reps
1st @ 1:40
rested equal amount
2nd@ 1:38

done, just fried but in a great way. Now I am energized and look forward to evolving this program

Tomorrow, Bells again and maybe some light tempo runs

5 comments:

Pete said...

great stuff, Joe. I run my recruits through those drills, and one of the best parts about these drills are joint injury prevention.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks big Pete, look forward to seeing you soon. Would love to see the recruit training.

Pete said...

Anytime you want to come out, Joe, it would be an honor.

Franz Snideman said...

40 repeats, yikes!!! Call the pukey police.

Do you get nauseated from 400's?

Joe Sarti said...

no, surprisingly. The bells defintely help. I felt relatively strong and I will only get better. Nice to use this strength/power training and put it to use on the 'field'