Friday, January 15, 2010

First week of School in Traditional Chinese Medicine

One week is in the books and so is my nose. There is much to learn and study in Chinese Medicine and I am a eager and willing participate. The first has taught me many things, such as:

*I am in the right place, this is a field for me to endeavor to excel in serving the needs of patients and the field of complimentary, alternative and integrative medicine.

*It is coming to me and quickly, the basic foundation of principles and concepts Chinese Medicine is steeped in sing a sweet tone too me.

*Philosophically speaking, the basis of Chinese medicine is rooted in Yin and Yang. This is the basis of Taoism and this is a philosophy that I comprehend well and enjoy exploring. This makes learning about the Chinese Medical system of function much easier.

*Additionally it is based on the Five Elements (wood, fire, earth, metal and water) which are essential to life and living. I am a man of nature and one who spends time in the surrounding of the elements of nature and understand the interdependence.

*This medicine is not magic, not mysticism, but truly a medicine with sound basis and a long history to stand upon. It has and continues to evolve and has the ability to help in many cases the body return to its normal function and rid dis-ease.

*I will be traveling abroad at some point in my studies to live and study in China, to gain expereince and a understanding of the field from the 'motherland' of TCM. I want to learn more about the culture, history and language as well to better understnad the practice of TCM in living an healthy lifestyle.

More to come on all this but I am honored to be in a position to study, learn, and eventually practice this fine medicine and contribute to the health and well-being of patients whom I will treat, as well contribute to the medical field.

No comments: