Tuesday, January 05, 2010

In the moment

As I prepare for med school I am aware that a large part of time will be dedicated to my studies, more so than ever before. Although I realize that I truly do not know exactly what this means in terms of direct time, I am aware that some of the many things
I have enjoyed over the last few years will be more difficult o achieve since so much more of my time will be occupied with school.

So I sit and think how much I appreciate the time I have had but also have I have under utilized this freedom to do and go as I please. For instance, leisure reading will take a backseat to school books; full yoga classes, weight lifting, running, etc. That I could do each day will be much more difficult to be able to do; and the list goes on.

This is not about regret but gratitude and the realization that the time is always now and it is imperative to live life to the fullest becuase some day aspects of your life will evolve and some thing may be more difficult to come by with such ease.

No comments: