Monday, January 28, 2013

Strength Day

Strength Day 2 of 3 week cycle. Double Bell Press and Squat, plus strict dead hang pull-ups.

Well to say I am a bit neurologically taxed is an understatement. These Board Exam preps are beyond demanding so I just have to remember to pace myself and take care of whats most important my health and passing this exam. That being said I am making adjustments based on how things are going relative to accessory work but sticking with the keys.

In addition to lifting I am making sure to stretch and meditate regularly. I do not say much about this currently on the blog, but it is the key/crucial element. Not as entertaining but it is my secret sauce so to speak.


Double KB Military Press
warm-up with single bell ramp to 36kg
24/3/3
28/3/3
32/3/3
36/3/3

Double 36kg/3 reps x 4 sets

Speed of the move was a bit off but truly not that bad. Indeed its work but I am excited and prepared for the double 40 work next week. I could physically handle more workload but I do not want to jump ahead of myself. I need to allow for proper adaptation and need to stay within the plan. All great things come in time and the double Beast Press will happen...Patience, consistency, practice and smarts will get me there.



Double Squats

warm-up with single bell ramp to 36kg
24/3/3
28/3/3
32/3/3
36/3/3

Double 36kg/3 reps x 4 sets

Hardest part is holding these bad boys in the rack position. Puts me in a near vertical position much like a Zercher Squat and really hits the core. Its key to stay tight and fully engaged including lats and rooting through the feet.

Pullups 
7 reps x 5 sets

Increase intensity while maintaining volume. It will help to drop 10lbs which is one of my key goals post-boards. Right now I am heavier than I want and should be but until Feb 21st this is not the key. Whats most important is setting up the program, being consistent, building a foundation for strength and work capacity. This is certainly happening as referenced by the numbers.





No comments: