Thursday, April 27, 2006

Girivek Workout

Heavy Day

It has been a while so i controlled the volume. My goal is to come back and do the 3 P workout tomorrow and then a Moderate Snatch and CP workout Saturday. So here is how it went down. 30 minutes

Windmill for warm-up
24/5/5x1
32/5/5x3

Snatch
32/5/5x3

These felt strong and the bell whipped. This is my goal to become more technically sound and work up to sets of 10 with this and conquer the 40kg for the Heavy Day. The 40 is in the mail :-)

Clean and Press
43.5kg/1/1x3 and the second rep down with a PushPress.

This was my first attempt to do so with this weight..any of these. As Rif says it is all easy until its heavy, aint that the truth. But I got it and know the 40 I will be doing 5x5 in a ffew weeks of training...respect skill, respect technique because without you will not be able to accomplish uncommon personal feats.

2 hand Swing, Maxwell tabata style 20seconds work/10 seconds rest for 5 minutes

32/14x10

These felt strong but I need more conditioning work and that is part of my new philospohy, a mix of strength and conditioning done daily. Today was a combination...tomorrow will be a different combo with the strength of the 3 P's and the conditioning of the bear crawls and sandbag deck squats.

Live to fight strong and smart another day!

Stretch later...did some JM and Flex work this week on tuesday and Wednesday

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Joe-

glad to hear you have the 40kg on the way. You will conquer that weight, I have no doubt!

Nice training. Did the recent RKC inspire you to really focus on some new KB stuff? It always motivates me.

Rock on man!

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks bud. Sure did inspire me