Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Video workout

Ok, was going to be a day off but while doing some house cleaning/organizing I came across a great Ashtanga video. So, I said what the hay and decided to pop it in the ole VCR and give it a run.

The Ashtanga is a systematic approach to the Vinyasa class I have been doing at Yoga Source in Palo Alto. Instead of a variety of combos, the tape uses a series taht builds on each pose with a huge emphasis on breathing and flowing. I liked the system because with each rep I found improvement! This really allowe dme to focus on my strengths and weaknesses to improve each pose. However, for a good stretch and active recovery this was a great workout and vert effective for 60 minutes of good relaxation.

I can really tell how Yoga is carrying over to my KB ability. Especially notable yesterday while playing around with the overhead stots press and squat and just how much better my ROM and stability have become.

Love it all

No comments: