Monday, August 06, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Nice recovery workout day. LIghtening the load on the deads after a big week. Here is how it went

Deadlift
warm-up sequence as usual followed by my workload

405/1x7

A nice workload for how I was feeling. Feels good to have 405 be my light day workload for multiple reps.

Pull-ups
10kg, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 x2 =40

This was a nice ladder workout. I worked off of percieved exertion and I maintained my strength well and even could have done at least a 2, 3, 4 for a third ladder.

Really pleased with the program, the journey and the outcomes. Also, really enjoy the energy that Rif and Tracy bring to the gym. Having Tracy, who is a friggin work horse and a mutant really inspires.

4 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Yeah, 405 is a really good recovery weight for me, too. Instead of lifting it, I like to hop over it a few times, stretch out a bit, and then hit the showers.

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron, can we get a video up on tha? lol.
nice job today joe,and yes , when 405 is your 'no brainer just get some work weight in', things are going well.

Joe Sarti said...

that is good stuff Aaron, I too want some vid of that. Thanks Rif, I feel great about the current state of things. Roll on! Techinque is improving and I am getting a better feel of myself in relation to the bar

Aaron Friday said...

Yeah, I guess you'd need a video to really "catch the spirit" of the thing. I need to get on that bandwagon already.

Looks like you're taking care of yourself, Joe. You should do very well.