Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Snatches & Swings

Well, big day today for me. With my big 10 day trip coming up I had to have astrong workout with my snatches with the TSC only a month away. Because I was short on time I did not have the pleasure of training with Rif, an opportunity you do not want to pass up but circumstances being what they are I had no choice. But I still hit and I had theinsipration of Mia with me, doing her KB workout

Snatches
16/5/5
24/5/5
32/5/5x8 = 80 total

First time in some time I have snatched the 32. Initially just holding it the weight felt heavy but once I got going it was on and I felt super strong and the bell whipped up with power, speed, grace a like a man on a mission. My hands held strong and I used a method I saw Rif doing over the last few where the downward stroke did not pull so fiercly on hands. YES!!!!!! I am very pleased

1 Arm Swings
32/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5 = 60 total x1
32/10/10/10/10 = 40 total ( giving out now but I have one set left, fatigue is setting in)
32/10/10x1

These were great, the first set really pushed me but I was strong heading into the second set and my back held strong. At the end of the swings I felt some mild low fatigue but overall I am pleased with the volume and loads. This is some strong work for me.

Plan to do Pull-ups tonight when I am fresh.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

you rock! When are you heading down to so-cal?

Aaron Friday said...

After you waste the competition in the Elite Tactical Strength Challenge, I hope you will stop eating domestic cats for strength. It's immoral and beneath you.