Thursday, June 18, 2009

As the old saying goes, I have a lot to learn

No matter what there is always a check and a balance, a yin and a yang, a high tide followed by a low tide. For this reason I like to stay balanced and have an even flow. But, sometimes it is a challenge to advert from the highs of life and when I get caught up within them inevitably a low follows. This is the ebb and flow of life and this is the great equalizer offering us the opportunity to learn and grow, evolve and progress, appreciate all that life has to offer and humble us.

It is times like these that I simply slow down and take a moment to evaluate and take time to gain perspective so I can learn from and grow beyond these points. It is times like this that I am humbled and reminded that I am human, not superman, not a superstar, not the best, just a human like all others who walk this earth.

There is no best or worst, right or wrong, good or bad. There is only perspective and point of view as represented by my prior statement, this is my perspective. And, in my experiences life offers many opportunities to learn and/or embrace this. Some of these are learned harder than others and up till a few years ago I seemed to learn harder than I do at this stage of life. But, this does not make me exempt.

I am grateful for moments like these and you may ask why and simply put it allows me the opportunity to learn and share in my experiences. Sometimes people ask if I am always positive, or always in a good mood and truth be told I would say 95% of the time that is the case, it has not always been so but because of lives lessons I now can humbled say so. This being said I have those other moments and it is because of these that I am able to stay in the 95% category. Far from perfection but perfect for what is and what is meant to be in life.

I am accepting of the gracious gifts that life offers even when they are more challenging than one wants, wishes for or desires, even when the do humble, humiliate, and ground. For this I humble bow my head in the offering of Namaste and Om Shanti as we say in yoga and simply say thank you to life and all the wonderful people and things that bless me on a daily basis.

As the old saying goes, I have a lot to learn and the more I learn the more I realize how ignorant I am and therefore humbled, grounded, compassion, open and grateful!

No comments: