Saturday, January 17, 2009

Marines & RKC"s join forces

You have one of those 'experiences' the kind that make you go WOW, that is an incredible way to spend a few days. Well, I did this past couple days spending time at Camp Pendleton with the United States Marine Corp and fellow RKC's. This is by far one of those memorable times as a teacher. The reasons are numerous but let me say it is not often you get to work with a group of people who are all eager, dedicated, attentive, open, and humble as the group I experienced this past weekend.

I will say that these men were filled with honor, a sense of respect and gratitude, humor, willingness and open mind to learn and explore, and hungry! I have the utmost respect for our military as I know it is not them who chooses our foreign policy but it is them who represents us! And as in anything there is always your bad apples or seeds but in this group there was nothing but the BEST! and it showed. What an honor it was to serve them and be able to share the field with these men for 2 days. I would gladly do it again, anytime, anywhere! We are fortunate to have such a strong and good group of men serving us (PS: no women in the group this is why the men comments only).

In addition, the group of RKC's was nothing but a fine group of people to work with as I have grown to understand as this is my 4th experience at an RKC training. A special thank you to all of them who took the time like myself to express our gratitude to the men and women who serve this country and our people.

with respect, honor and gratitude

No comments: