Sunday, June 04, 2006

20 strong

Well today was the day, the day where I had a chance to redeem my poor performance (technique wise) with the snatch and the day where Monica and I were going to 20 minutes of work back and forth...KB snatch. So we decided to go 5 for 5...she did 5 and 5 and I followed. We had no set number to complete but I had hoped we would hit the 200 total mark, as far as I can remember that would be a first for each of us.

So Monica had to stop at 150, just an amazing number for her, with the 16kg due to 2 tears in her hands at around the 15 minuute mark....smart move and since she has not been using the 16kg on a regular basis, if at all really impressive numbers. If she desired she could be a top 'mutant' performer without a doubt, a great athlete and technically smooth and consistent. I think she will hit 200 inunder 10 minutes and maybe even 140 to 150 in 5 minutes, she has that kind of mentality and strength endurance.

As for myself, I completed 180 in 20 minutes and I finished 200 (with a set of 10/10) in 21 minutes. I did not push it, just stayed focused on form and just doing what I could do in the allotted time. I had a great sweat and my HR was under control throughout. The best part was the technique was solid and my low back muscles did not bother me which is a sign that I improved greatly....very key points, progression, correction and performance!

so here is how it looked

Monica
16/5/5x15 = 150 in approximately 15+ minutes

Joe
24/5/5x18=180 in just 19 minutes & 30 seconds
24/10/10= for a total of 200!

A great training session!

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

nice job both of you.200 in ten minutes would be one hell of a mark eh?( pun intended) and I agree about monica, she just has to make up her mind and she could do amazing and lifts and numbers.

want to get 200 in 30 minutes next time I wave up to it. new goal.

Joe Sarti said...

we will do it ;-) in due time.

Franz Snideman said...

Congrat's on the 200 sntaches. Impressive!!

Ken Black said...

Congrats on the #'s both of you. Good work:)