Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A First!

So another great day for training. Monica and I hit the outdoors and decided to get a good workout along with the dog.

Renegade Man Makers (Row,Clean, Squat, Press) 1 to 1 for 20 reps
Me
24/1/1x20

Monica
12/1/1x20

For both of uus we could have done more weight. I need to order another 32kg! All in all this was a great workout but heavier would be better!

Then I accomplished a first, a pistol with a 24kg racked in each arm
Pistol (2, 24kg)
1 right side
1 left side (which was suuspect because the bells rolled as I stood but I made it up)

Holy smokes this was crazy difficult! and I have some serious work to do. I would like to accomplish this with 2, 32kg and I will! in due time

Pull-ups
10, 9, 8, 7


Monica did

2 Kb Swings
12kg/20x1
12kg/30x3

Awesome form and she said a big time ab workout

We finished with Bear Crawls
Me
24kg/50 total steps x1

Monica
12kg/50 total steps x1

are abs were smoked

We finished with a set of farmers walks, racked walks and Overhead walks, 1 set with 24kg and Monica with 12kg

A great workout and a first with the pistol!

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

nice work. Get another 32kg, you'll be very happy you got it.
Rock on OUTDOOR MAN!

Pete said...

Joe,

I concur with Franz, I got one at the april RKC, and it opened up another world. I love working out in the outdoors! It is one of the top 5 reasons I love training with KBs. It sure beats being in the gym on a beautiful spring day. Nice work with the double KB pistols!

Ken Black said...

Damn Joe! Thats a big PR. Have fun. See you soon.