Friday, June 30, 2006

The Road Back

So, after vacation and a poor workout week last week I am slowly getting back on track. I have to admit I am a little disappointed in myself and have to step up. No Excuses!

My goal was to do 3 sets of 20/side in under 10 minutes

Set 1
24kg/5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5 = 20/side and 40 total

goal for set 1 accomplished. this was a great warm-up and felt fantastic. took 2 minutes and got the pulse going

Set 2
24kg/10,10,10,10 = 20/side and 40 total

goal accomplished. I stepped it up and decided to do 10/side. Even better and the heart is still racing with a total time of 1;45

Set 3
24kg/15,15,5,5 = 20/side and 40 total

this was the toughest set with a large progressive pyramid structure but it took 1:35 to complete and 8:30 total minutes.

Now, I did not rush it. I started when I felt ready and rested at the top if necessary. I had to focus on tensing and breathing a couple of times especially with the intensity. I feel great and ready to go for tomorrow.

2 kb Clean and Press, Pull-ups, Swings and maybe some sled pulling.

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

that a boy! now you are back on track.

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks Rif!!! :-)

I have to use it, and not waste it!

Mark Reifkind said...

absolutely and remember, the best gains come from working what's weak.

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome numbers Joe. And I'm sure every one of them was quality. Sound like you are back in the saddle!

Pete said...

Very nice numbers, and a quick way to git er dun.