Monday, June 26, 2006

here ye, hear ye

So, last week was crazy and terribly inconsistent. I would say I had one good workout and planned another only to find out that there was no chance. So, Thursday I went to Golds Gym to do my deadlifts, heavy KB presses and pull-ups. Upon arrival I found out that I was no longer a member....duh, lol I forgot that I had cancelled my membership many months ago. So, I figured I would go home and do the rest of the workout and find a replacement for the deads till this week. However, a friend whom I had not seen in well over a couple of years was in town and wanted to meet up, so there goes the workout.

So Friday I did a 10 minute workout with Presses and single leg deadlifts with the 32kg, 3 sets of 5 reps/side for each and then jumped in my car and headed out of town with my pops for a weekend Golf tourney and family gathering.

Along the way we stopped to see a great young mind in the strength and conditioning world and a good friend, Ken Black in Sacramento. This man has the ultimate home gym full of great toys and great tools for becoming a seriously strong and fit human...and he is a living example. He was kind enough to make a sled for me and show me a few other worthwhile tools. I cannot wait too hook up with him and do a great workout! Check out his link on my list of links to learn more.

So here I am and I am back on track this week. Because I have had such little work over the last 17days I controlled the volume. I was so sore from last weeks workout with the Snatch, Pistol and Overhead squat I did not want to repeat that feeling and I want to do more work tomorrow, including some deads.

Today:
Windmill
32/5/5x3

These were surprisingly strong and I found my groove quickly. I really like this move and miss it as a part of myprogram. It is always good for my flexibility and shoulder strength/stability/mobility

Snatch
32/5/5x3

WOW! These were great and again I was pleased with my effort, strength and technique. Working more on the high pull version and it really helps with this weight. I have some work to do with the 24 this week, need some reps and volume for conditioning.

Clean and Press
32/5/5x3

These are my favorites and it is so true how a great clean sets up a great press. Again, have some heavy work to do with the 40kg.

Alright, travelling is done for a short bit so time to focus. I am eager to train and focused on increasing my work capacity and overall Strength and conditioning

1 comment:

Ken Black said...

Joe Thanks for dropping by. I look forward to you being back so we can hit a workout. Are you planning to come out on July 9th?
Look forward to seeing you again soon bro.
LOL about Gold's.