Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Get-Up off the floor with your core

Well today I had a goal in mind, to do the Turkish get-ups, 10 straight per side with the 24kg.

TGU (lunge style)
24/10/10x1

Feel those abs burn good man...core conditioning 101 and a shoulder burn to match!

TGU (overhead squat style)
24/5/5x1

Again excellent, especially after the first set of TGU. This has to be one of the best exercises in the book hands down for all around strength and conditioning and training the weak areas.

Pistols
24/2/2x3

Just practice! Very strong1

Renegade Row to a Bear Crawl
RR 24/5/5----BC 24/10/10 x3 sets

More core, more shoulders and a nice combo. Principles of KBS come true on this combo especially after the other stuff

DARC
24/50x2

Ok, I am not an endurance guy. My muscles do not like to forciablly contract time after time. I am much better suited for short intense bouts with a short rest period, i.e. sprinting! Even with my muscles contracting the long sets really load my body in a way I am not fond off!

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Tough stuff Joe. The TGU for 10 reps sounds brutal. And I can relate with you on the high rep stuff, Sprinting is way more fun :)

How are things with the business?
Products?

Franz

Mark Reifkind said...

"Ok, I am not an endurance guy. My muscles do not like to forciablly contract time after time. I am much better suited for short intense bouts with a short rest period, i.e. sprinting!"

wait a minute, aren't you a mountain biker and adventure racer?LOL! suck it up! I hate it too but hey, it's good for you and if you want to win the TSC you gots to get in the mood for ten hard minutes eh?

Franz Snideman said...

Yeah - what Rif said! :)

Joe Sarti said...

LOL! yeah, yeah, yeah makes me want to puke doing this endurance stuff, but you have to train your weaknesses.

Thanks Fellas :-)