Monday, May 08, 2006

The 40kg has arrived

I came home to a giant surprise and I mean GIANT! Wow, the 40 kg is a big hunk of cast iron! So, I had in mind a workout thinking I would not have the 40 and just 2, 24kgs but plan changed

Windmill warm-up
24/5/5x3

Nice and easy, good rhythm, great technique and a nice stretch

Snatch
24kg
8, 9, 10, 11, 12

A necessary progression as I build up my total volume, which with this weight I am aiming for 200 total. I plan to mix this with the 32 (strength) and eventually the 40kg. These felt good and I could feel the heart beat which is a great feeling. Need to continue to work the technique.

Military Press
40/2/2x3

Yeah baby, these felt good and got better with each rep and each set. I have some work to do but I expect 5x5 in the next 3 weeks

Pistol
40/1/1x3

Ok, know we are talking. I love it, really focused on pressurization and tension to make these go with the third set being the best. Surprisingly this was the first time I have EVER attempted this weight. Yes I did try the 43.5 at Stones once and I did complete, right side only at the RKC in April! I am looking forwrad to doing 3x3.

Renegade Row and push-ups
24/5/5x3 & 20 repsx3

This is a great start. I have a 4 mile hike coming up in the next few hours

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

oh now you're going to have a good time! enjoy! nice pistol too btw.

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks Bro, felt good...just the the 32 to complete the workouts

Franz Snideman said...

Congratulations on your new family edition. Next is the BEAST!!!

Pete said...

Congratulations on the Bulldog! I got my bulldog, and it is very satisfying to take it for a walk.