Monday, May 15, 2006

Yikes! that was brutal

Ok, so I forgot too add that I did 25 pull-ups and 100 push-ups yesterday just for fun while playing at the park with the dog.

Today, though was a whole different kind of animal. I decided to take my 2 20kg line myself up on the warning track of the baseball field where I was training and proceed to crawl, row, push-up, snatch, clean, squat and press my way to home plate.
I am not always the sharpest tool in the shed...lol so here is how it went

Bear Crawl 20kg/5/5
Push-up off the 20 kg/1
Renegade row 20/1/1
Double Swing 20/1
Double Snatch 20/1
Double Clean 20/1
Double Squat 20/1
Double Press 20/1

First three rounds were in blocks of 5 reps per and the 4th round I reached home plate after only 2 reps

So, I did a total of 17 reps in 18:30 with as little rest as possible. This was just brutal.

Next up is Yoga at 12pm...Vinyasa and then rest!

WOW, I feel great

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Looks like a Steve Maxwell conditioning workout. nice job.

Do you still have interest in grappling /fighting?

Joe Sarti said...

Yes, in fact I have a meeting with Frank Shamrock this week to discuss business options. I love the Maxwell conditioning stuff, inspired from a combo of him and Mahlers 'Renegade Man-maker", this was brutal but I felt so darn energized...even did 1 hour of Vinyasa