Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tempo Style

After reading my friend and strength coach franz Snidemans workout blog I decided I would implement some tempo runs... i.e. run 100 yards at 70% (approximately) walk ten and then run again and repeat a number of times, an old sprint recovery/form running day.

So, I mixed pull-ups with barefoot tempo runs
Pull-ups
10
Run
100x2
P-U
10
Run
100x2
P-U
8
Run
100x2
P-U
8
Run
100x2
P-U
6
Run
100x2

Oh boy do I forget what it is like to run and run at a good clip with nice relaxed hands and a good arm swing, eyes and head down, knees pumping, lungs a burning....what a great feeling and a nice mix with all the strength stuff. I really enjoyed the conditioning and was quite surprised with my pull-ups considering I was mixing in the runs. The body feels good and I feel revitalized...now it is time to eat a good meal, protein, veggies, and fats, yummy!

Be Well

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

man I'm jealous!nice work

Joe Sarti said...

he, he...it felt good and I did not have to run 5 miles and I stayed in my energy systems :-)

Tim Dymmel said...

And after all that teasing about my mixing in some running...

That's it, this Joe Fitness is a quack. Can't stay consistent with every word he's ever said. (or typed)

Late.

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome Joe.

my plan of converting the world over to purely sprint training is working. I'll do it one athlete at a time..........
only 6 billion people more to go!!

:)

Joe Sarti said...

Franz, you are quite huumerous... :-). Now all I have to do is run fast