Monday, February 11, 2013

Strength Press, Squat & Pull-up

So, hit the top of the peak last week with the Double 40kg Press therefore taking it back down this week. Not an official deload week, since I will only get 2 workouts next week I plan to use that as my deload.

Single Bell KB Military Press
28kg
5/5
6/6
7/7
8/8
9/9
10/10

A PR in volume and Reps/set with this bell. Felt really good throughout and liked pushing the reps a bit, reminds me of bodybuilding.



Pullup (bodyweight tactical)
5,6,7,8,8,7,6,5

Great pyramid scheme for today. Felt strong throughout with a powerful pull. This is a recent total volume PR. I can tell I am stronger and more conditioned in this move. Feeling good getting back to real pull-ups. These are no joke.





Squats
28/3/3 x 6 sets

no biggie, just practice and strength building. Following the Press scheme. 

Clubbell Arm Casts
25/10/10
35/10/10
45/10/10

Just more good practice. Finding these moves are more and more natural. Really love having them in my routine and once boards are through will watch the DVD's and learn more

Overall this was a really good day. Strong day, with 2 PR's. I feel I have a smart approach and intelligent progression built in and am excited to get the double Beast Press....its coming!

No comments: