Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pistols Galore

Sunday I took the dog to the lake for some swimming. While kicking around with her I decided to bide my time by doing push-up and bodyweight pistols. BW Pistols are not something I practice often so I thought a perfect opp to do so.

First I did 6 per leg on the dirt surface and then I found a log that bowed in the middle and was a off balance, a challenge. So I practiced doing the pistols on the log, 8 reps per leg, including some pauses and negatives. I even hoped from one to the other (i.e. out of a pistol and into a pistol).

I waas pleased with my strength and my balance and the fact that I could hope. I saw Yoana do this recently at a Mike Mahler Seminar and knew that I had to take the challenge....I need to practice these.

One thing is for sure, my "core" strength is way up and coming along fast!

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

nice dude. after you pistol the beast you BETTER be able to do them bodyweight! LOL! cant wait to see the deadlifts get going.

Tommy Shook said...

Very nice indeed. Pistols are just plain cool. You gotta snap a pic of them on the log..would look really sweet on your blog. Nice work.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks guys and so true Rif. I am excited about the deads myself!