Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Power Lift Strong

Nice workout this morning. Feeling good and alive followed up my clients with a Deadlifting session

Deadlift
135/3x1
185/3x1
225/3x1
275/3x1
315/2x1
335/2x1
350/2x2

Excellent workout! Strong, good tension, wedged well, shoulders and bell aligned, positon felt balanced and easy lift! I like the feel of the weight in my hands.

Pull-up
15 reps

Decided to just do one set all out effort. Good Numbers!

Afternoon Workout

Snatch (decided to go heavy and stick with this pattern on deadfilt day)
32/8/8x4

Used the down to the rack method and what an Awesome whip effect and I can see what Rif means by the comparison to the Olymipc Snatch. Tons of power which equates to an explosive upward motion...like a 24kg

Pistol
32/2/2x3

Strong

Get-up sit up (no legs)
32/3/3x3

Awesome core work and serious shoulder strength/stability

Nice to split the work, kept me fresh and strong

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

nice work and looks good to split it up like that. see what I mean about the snatch? way easier with heavy weights. I think I will alternate swing snatch workout with heavy power snatch workout.

Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah,solid pistol and get up with no hands. that looks like a good routine .

Joe Sarti said...

thanks Rif. I really like that technique and plan to use the original style with the 24, this will also vary the loading.

Pistol was good, keep reps low, just want the grind strength and good for practicing/applying strength principles. I do not want to big of legs..lol

the no hand get-up with the 32 is the real deal. I would like to be able to do double 24s at some point. My core strength and understanding of what it takes to be strong is so much more honed. I feel I have taken everything to another level with our training and all this exposure.

Great coaching Rif, you are a true one of a kind...from my heart my friend! I have always looked up too you and this is just one reason why.

Thank you

Mark Reifkind said...

you're welcome Joe, good to see you bring it.