Thursday, September 21, 2006

The IFL

We arrived last night after a longday of travel. The travel time offered me the chance to get to hang with Frank and just chat about many things, get to know Tony, our boxing coach who is just an amazing person/coach, and a few of our fighters, Ray,Rapheal and Jeff.

Once we set foot on the tarmac it all began. We chatted, mingled, registered, checked-in, etc. I met a ton of people including Renzo Gracie, Bas Rutten whom I sat and had dinner with and talked Kettlebells, Carlos Newton and more. I am humbled to be around so many ownderful people, athletes, professionals and looking forward to so many opportunities.

Today we had pictures, video, etc and Frank and I went and trained together. This was cool becuase it was just us in Pat Milletichs gym lifting and playing around. We did a some DLs, BP, Pull-ups, Pistols, and a variety of handstands, arm stands,etc. While there I met jermey Horn and Pat, very nice man that Pat, very respectful.

There is so much happening, so much going on and Iam pretty beat that I cannot write it all down. I will summarize more at the end of the weekend.

Put it this way,this is a real production, the real deal league. It has the money and brand names to succeed and it is cool being a part of this. Humbled, honored, grateful and ready to kick butt ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

man that sounds so great. you had as good a weekend as I did! what a great opportunity for you Joe, just the beginning. that must;ve been SO cool. have fun and talk to you later

rif

Tim Dymmel said...

The kit, Joe. Don't forget the kit.

Dymmel

Pete said...

What a great experience to have and share with us. Thank you Joe.

Joe Sarti said...

thank you guys.Yes, this is a great opportunity.

Rif, I will call you when I get back in town. Hope you all have a great week