Wednesday, September 27, 2006

tabata snatch

Wanted to get some snatch reps in with a short bout of work followed by a short bout of rest. Orginally planned to do 30/30 for 10 minutes but instead went with the tabata protocol for 5 minutes (20 second work/10 sec rest)

Snatch 20/10
24/8x10 (40/side)

This was a good test and good measure for me to see where I am at. this was not a max effort but a concerted effort to work hard/instense and accomplish as much as possible with good form. This I achieved. My low back hung in well but I know I put to much pressure on the lower erectors. My goal is to do 120 in 5 minutes and I should be able to do this within the next 2 to 3 month period. I established a baseline for the 5 minute effort.

Right now I am capable of doing a 480 deadlift, 100 snatches and 15 pull-ups. I will definitely drop in weight and this will help with my pull-up numbers and will not hurt anything else.

Pistols
24/3/3x3

This was the first time I have done these as a pure exercise in some time. They got better with each set as I was able to enhance my skill/techniques.

Lat Shrugs (superset) hang knee raise
5 and 5 x3

Wanted to work on technique of contracting through scapula retraction and wanted to work the reverse of the extension of the lower lumbar from the snatch with the flexion exercise of hanging knee raise


Great workout and focused. I have to admit and I know many of you can relate that training with partners is so much better. For if anything, partners push you and encourage you to push yourself beyond that limit. However, without them you have to focus on the mental toughness and challenge yourself. I think I have been successful with this lately and in the process have begun to appreciate the great people I have trained with even more in hindsight...lol

Be Well, Be Strong, Be Your Best

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Joe-

sounds like you are in a good groove with your training. 15 pull ups? I think that number is way too low for you. 20 to 25 is more like it Joe!

Inspirational!

Ken Black said...

Most of the time I have trained alone. I guess it is hard for me to find like minded crazies like us;) I do enjoy just me and the iron but it is good to have guests from time to time.