Monday, November 20, 2006

Peace and Tranquility mixed with some power

Feeling much better physically, mentally and emotionally so I hit the workout trail today. Now that we are settled into our new nest in Menlo, I have time to start some projects, etc that I have been wanting to do for some time. Today was the first of those projects, Yoga.

Yoga

I have said this before and will say it again, everytime I do yoga, I know why I do yoga. I just feel a sense of peace and tranquilty and a true sense of calm comes over me. Yes, this for me is a form of mediation, a way to connect my mind, body and spirit and let all else go. And to top it off I become stronger, fitter, looser and free. What a sensation. There are many benefits to yoga and I am aware of what yoga gives me and I am glad to be back practicing.

Kettlebells

I am doing my deadlifts tomorrow and since I did my Yoga today I wanted to get some basic work in and just practice my technique and increase my comfort with the 32 kg for all my basic strength stuff.

Clean and Press
32/5/5x3

Snatch
32/5/5x3

Nothing majorin terms ofvolume and intensity but anytime you pick up 70lbs of weight and throw it around it counts, especially when you weigh only 172. Good workout and nice to feel the bell in my hands.

1 comment:

Franz Snideman said...

working with the 32kg is always fun! And at your bodyweight that's is good stuff!

I will get you the pics this week!