Thursday, November 30, 2006

On the track to the court

meet up with my friend Carl and we are starting on the track again. This was our second workout this week, and a good one

Warm-up with Dynamics focus on opening the hips, ankles and getting rhythm and coordination. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes

Ladder Drills (approx 15+)
Started with hops, shuffles, high knee, quick feet, etc.

This is really challenging on the CNS. I could tell that about the 3rd rung from the finish I would start to lose it on some of the drills. I really have to focus but in the same breathe I can tell how some of the moves feel more natural and I am moving much quicker and with more ease.

Tempo Runs
100meters x8

Also, I talked with the throws coach about seeing if I can do some work with the Teams at Stanford. I would love to learn more and this is a great institution in some many ways and many sports (except Football..lol). He gave me a contact name


Later I met up with my friend Tully and we played some tennis. I love being on the court. I really love the movements, the speed, agility, hand-eye coordination. I love putting it all together into a sport.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and looking to identify what I am as an athlete. I realize that I just love to play and enjoy being able to do many things well. I wish I had the love of a particular sport, etc that I could focus my energy and efforts toward to achieve greatness, but for the most part those days have past. All the sports I love to play I am past my prime to be what I want and or couldhave been. If I only knew then what I know now about dedication towards excellence but I did not focus and I missed my opportunities (rugby or baseball).

So, know I realize I just enjoy playing, having fun and being able to do many things well. It is fun to be an athlete, to develop my basic athleticism.

Maybe I will change my mind, time will tell. But my body feels good, feels healthy, feels strong, and feels young. Those are things that are invaluable. I am fortunate to not have any injuries or things that hold me back and I am grateful to have my health and mobility.

No comments: