Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some thoughts/ideas

This whole travel deal, lack of sleep, etc. really wrecked me and I just decided that I need to lay up a couple of days. So, no workouts to report but I am on it tomorrow. I have a track session and a Tennis match scheduled. I will hit the bells hard friday and I am stoked to get back on it. If I am up to it in the morning I plan to do my deadlifts and pull-ups.


JOGA

In the meantime I have come up with a very cool combination of exercises. I call it Joga. I have taken all pre-existing exercises, methods and combined them into my own version of the Naked Warrior, or RIFGA. The core moves focus on mobility, yoga, bodyweight strength moves, and martial art moves. This is a fun workout and a nice compliment to the bells, especially for my clients and the MMA boys.

My Chicago Seminar

This was a resounding success. The students gave me such wonderful feedback about my ability to teach, handle a diverse group in a rare and unique situation where people were coming in and out throughout the day, a wide variety of levels of fitness, kettlebell experience and age range. This family and there friends were superb students who were open and willing to learn, asked questions and really demonstrated their competence. I was told they were considering hiring a number of people, well qualified and they choose me and they were pleased with the choice. Money was not really an object so that gives you the idea they had some really talented folks in mind and just to be considered in the same breathe with these people, whom I know and to get the opppotunity humbles me but at the same time I know I am talented and qualified and I look forward to more opps such as this.

I have another seminar/bootcamp for Cisco in Aptos for 4 days in Feb and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Microsoft hires me for the big meeting in Feb as well at the Hotel Del Cornado where I would hope that I could see my friends Franz and Yoanna as well as Steve Cotter. More to come with Microsoft in the coming weeks. In addition, the IFL gig looks good for the upcoming year and I hope the team performs well so we get more opps to travel and compete.

That is it. Back to the Fun in Life

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome Joe. Sounds like the seminar went great and that things in your business are really starting to crank up. Congratulations! Let us know if you are going to make that San Diego trip. It will be great to hang out and if you need to barrow some of our KB's and equipment just let us know.

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks Franz, things are going well and I am stepping it up on my end. Time to get my stuff/ideas out and share and learn and grow ;-) I hope it goes through so we can hang