Friday, August 25, 2006

Another day at school

In an attempt to learn more and see what other have to offer today I revisited an old school of mine, called Dynamic Warm-up. I used this in track, football, rugby, and baseball. Some of the moves apply to all the sports others to specific sports.

The exercises included
High Knees, Skipping A's, Carioca, Walking Zombie (toe touches), butt kickers, etc.

One forgets just how effective such exercises are for strength, flexibility, joint mobility and conditioning. I do remember how boring these were back in the day when all I wanted to do was compete and not train the little things. However, today I see the importance of these exercises both for myself and clients as an effective warm-up, dynamic flexiblity and joint mobility program.

Add this with the bells and some tempo runs and you have a great workout!

Tomorrow is bell day, Snatch with the 24kg

1 comment:

Joe Sarti said...

lol. :))