Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dynamics and Tempos

Meet with my friend Carl again and had him take me through one of his dynamics. Lots of different Track stuff...high knees, bruce lees, walking zombies, ankle flips,butt kickers, marching a's, etc.

Finished with Tempos
10x100meters

I worked on high knees and arm drive from the elbows. Ran a little fast but more a result of the extra drive of the knees andelbows. Will slow the pace down but it felt good to move fast.

Have to remember that this is more of active recovery and not tax myself. Plus, I want to train this smart and strengthen the body to be able to handle the stress from this type of training. Slow and easy but feels great!

4 comments:

Pete said...

Nice work with the dynamic drills, Joe. I was introduced to them by my co-worker who trains with Dan Bunz (Sport Specific Training). They definitely aid in injury prevention, and are quite a sweat builder on their own. Slow and easy pays off big with these drills, thats for sure.

Joe Sarti said...

Yes Pete...these are great and remind of my days playing sports. Not only are they great for injury prevention but for developing coordination, agility, balance, strength, dynamic flexibilty/mobility, and overall conditioning and they are a heck of a warm-up.

Dan Bunz, ole time 49er...very cool

Joe Sarti said...

Yes it is and they are struggling to keep it going....talk about someone who does not know how to run a business...Referring to JT

Franz Snideman said...

Love to seeing you doing the tempo runs!