Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Trail Run/KBs

Great day...2 workouts

Workout 1

Trail Run: 53 minutes...mainly running but did hike some of the hills to keep my HR under control and not burn out. I wanted to be out for an hour at most and I felt strong at the finish as well as during the whole run. I love the trails, they cleanse the mind, the body. The scents, sights, sounds, and the feel of being out alone on a single track trail under a canopy of trees with small creeks running through, bridges to cross, rocks to traverse, and great views to boot!

Workout 2
Monica and I and the Kettlebells

Windmill
24/5/5x4

Nice and easy, great stretch and warm-up

Double Clean Squat Press
24/5/5x5

Again nice and easy, a good sweat and felt good on the shoulder. The right is still tender and feels a little strain, but feeling strong.

DARC Swings
24/30x4

Again nice and easy, a great contraction for the glutes, hams, quads. The body felt strong on each rep and the heart rate never went above 145.

Also (earlier in the day)....
Pull-ups
5x5

Again strong and easy.

All in this was a great day. feel fresh and ready to go attack tomorrow

Odd lifts and Tempo Runs
Sandbag drill
Sled Pull
Rope Waves
KB exercise of choice (Deck Squat, Snatch, or bob and weave).

10x100 for Tempos

Another great day. My strength feels great, my conditioning is up, body fat decreasing and love of training with precision technique is present

Everyday I understand more and more training and what it is!
Another lesson awaits me tomorrow!

No comments: