Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Getting heavy

Ok, today for the first time I realized what I was lifting. Not to say the other deadlift days were anything to sneeze at but for some reason it dawned on me today. What also dawned on me was how important self motivation is too my success. Cisco and the gym there does not inspire one to lift big weights.

Deadlifts
135/2x1
185/2x1
225/2x1
275/2x1
315/1x1
365/1x1

Added Belt
405/1x1
430/1x1..getting heavier
465/1x2...This was tough, especially the 2nd rep which I barely made (98%). Time to step back next week and work lighter/speed and then start too build again.

6 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks Rif, I truly appreciate your help. I am learning a lot just by going through this process. I will do this plan over the next 2 weeks and see how it feels.

Great point about the activation of the CNS and the simple effects of heavy weights on the body. I could feel the difference, even the mental side and the amount of focus and prep that goes into a lift. thank goodness people are afraid of me so they do not bother me...lol

Ken Black said...

Nice lifts Joe.

Great insight also Rif! Thanks

Franz Snideman said...

Wow! Big lift there Joe. You are one strong hombre. I assume you are competing in the TSC on September 9th?

Joe Sarti said...

No TSC at this point. But I am getting into shape to be able to perform the next time around. I have some work to do on all the lifts. But things are coming along

Franz Snideman said...

cool. I know that you will do very well at the TSC, even the one next weekend. Trust me, you are plenty strong enough to probably win the thing right now :)

Tim Dymmel said...

Yeah, c'mon Joe! Do the Challenge! Let's see what you've got. You're a friggin' animal, dude! Ridiculously impressive numbers for somebody so light. Shoot, for somebody at any weight/size.