Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ken Black, MMA, KBs and Odd Lifts

What an amazing day. I had the great pleasure of spending a good majority of my day with a top notch strength coach, Ken Black. Together we discussed a variety of training topics, traded a number of exercises, performed a number of exercises ( I am tired..lol), and then put the good ole MMA boyz through a tough workout.

Ken is an innovator and excellent coach, plus one heck of a strong man. Then there is those MMA fellas, these guys are crazy, motivated, hungry, and true competitors. They have no quit in them and they have a burning desire to be their best. And, I have and had the great fortune of spending time working together with these men for a common purpose, achievement, further our knowledge, ability, increasing our likelihood of success, surrounding ourselves with others who desire greatness, and so, so much more.

So some of the things we did today

Sled pulls
Sled bear crawls
Rope waves (100 ft rope)
Med Ball Shot puts
KB Shot Puts
Bob and Weave
Sandbag shouldering
KB Joint Mobility ( a program Ken has developed and something I found challenging and enjoyable)
Farmers Walks

All and all I did a large variety of things, not much of anything specific just a little here and there

Ken did more than I for sure since I was coaching the boyz and he helped on this end, picking exercises, demonstrations, set-up and coaching and even joined in

The boyz did all this (except the KB joint mobility) and some more...just amazing

Then I came home and Monica and I did a workout
My workout went like this
Double Cleans
24/10x3

supersetted with

Renegade Rows
24/8x3

Finished with Bob and weave
24/8x3

Did not have much in me but still felt all over the board and wanted to do some specific stuff...goal accomplished.

A great day spent with great people all whom are inspirational in there on way.

3 comments:

Ken Black said...

It was awesome hanging out with you Joe. Look forward to doing it again soon.

Franz Snideman said...

Wow - looks you guys had an amazing time. rock on brothers!

Joe Sarti said...

Yes Franz, wish you were here to join in. Ken, just awesome my friend, if not next week, the week after for sure