Thursday, March 22, 2007

Deadlifts

Talk about feeling it. I was in the zone today, ready to roar and kick some serious ass! My goal was to do 405 since I have not done deads in a month or so. However, today I had an extra boost after I read a post from Rif in regards to the TSC.

Being involved with high level athletes and competition has lead to me to do a lot of research on the competitive mindset. This research has really helped me to understand on a deeper level what competition is really about and how to enter and prepare oneself for competition. What I realize for myself is that I am not concerned about winning but truly preparing myself to perform the best I can on that particular day in that particular moment.

This being said I am not going to go crazy and only train for the event, because truth be told it is not about winning, that will not define my success. It is truly about challenging myself to accomplish and perform in that given moment. So, I found time and a way to get the Deads back on the program. Plus, I am going to enter the Elite if I do compete. Why not? If I am truly about doing my best and performing my best then I should go out and do so at the highest level possible.

Deadlifts
135/2x1
225/1x1
315/1x1
365/1x1
405/1x1....goal accomplished but lets just see what else I can do since I feel it today!
455/1x1....I am I done, heck no, I walk straight to the rack grab two 10# plates and stack them on the bar.
475/1x1....DONE! and this shit went up with confidence. What the heck, 600 is mine if I keep it up. I love feeling strong, but I think I may have to find a way to meet up with Rif and do some deads. He truly inspires and coaches me unlike any other.

I will do pull-ups later today and Snatches but for now I am done.

This is my day! i can accomplish anything I want and darn well please and so can you

Remember my glass is half full and is bottomless so it can keep flowing!

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Wow Joe! 470 is great, especially considering that you don't consistenly do deadlifts.

What could you do if you trained for 18 months and really focused?
600? 675? or more....

Joe Sarti said...

LOL, you must have talked with Rif about the focus concept. I know I could do great things, but I just am such a kid when it comes to exercise and I love playing and doing some many great movements, sports, etc.

I feel free to think on my feet, react and listen to my body, my spirit and I truly feel such a good flow when I play.

At the same time I truly find pleasure out of mastery and understand the benefits. But I am such a seeker, an adventure who is always exploring. Maybe I have not found something I want to master?

Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence

Tommy Shook said...

Joe, I said it before, you are a seriously srong MoFo...

If you really apply yourself to something specific, whatever it may be, you will kick some serious tail.. just my 2 cents. of course I'm the same guy that picked Marquez over Barrera..;)

Mark Reifkind said...

joe,

what franz said. I know you can pull a 500 dl out of your butt whenever you want but I want to see you train consistently for it and peak it!thats the hard part. I know you can but will you?

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you gentleman, I graciously and humbly accept your challenge. I appreciate your kind words and positive encouragement!