Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Out of the Ordinary

Things are crazy this week so training is off, at least my portion. Have the IFL team in town and that means training changes and the focus becomes the guys, plus I am going from 5 am till at least 9 at night with everything. That being said, I finally got out today and did something unique and something I love and did for 7 years, trail running

Went on a 4 mile trail run with some nice hill climbs, some short and steep and some long and steady. Overall I felt strong. However, I did gas a bit on the first climb which was a consistent out of the block start of 1.3 miles up hill, long and steady. I caught my breathe and finished strong which felt good but my lungs were burning. Now I know why I love those trail runs. They offer a unique feel and too add to the whole deal they really make you appreciate and view life different. There is something awe inspiring about being in a quiet nature setting, high above the valley of noise listening to your breathe as you feel the oxygen hit your lungs.

On top of that did 150 push-ups and 100 bodyweight squats fooling around.

Just nice to be out in nature and I needed it since I have had some changes that have happened in my life and therefore altered my direction on a personal level. My girlfriend and I have officially split after a 3 month break and it feels good to know where we stand but at the same time there is a loss and void. But, life is full of lessons and opportunities and I take this opportunity to reflect and be grateful for all I have become because of the time we spent together. Now, I am out on the road flying solo and ready to roar ahead full steam with an excited outlook. Here I come...lol

To another wonderful day, and so many more! Just remember to be grateful for all you have in life because at any moment, ANY thing can change. I am grateful for all you who take time to read my blog. I rarely post such personal information such as this but I think it is important. I have written much about life since this change and read and done some serious soul searching, etc. all to enlighten myself and strengthen my spirit, my soul, my being to be able to bring my best to the table each day. I am living life and that is the key and I am doing so with a smile on my face and in my soul and laughter bellowing deep inside as I enjoy each moment of each day!

thank you and I wish you all nothing but your best

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Great post brother! Trail running sounds like a great opportunity for you to be alone and almost meditate while running. You are in my prayers regarding the break up. Relationships are so important, yet so challenging. Hang in there Joe. There are bigger and brighter days ahead for you. What's promising is that you seem to be living in the present quite well, sucking every drop out of every day. You will be a better man because of this, regardless of what happens between you two.

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you Franz, I remember your recent post on relationships and they are just so important and we must be grateful for them. People come in and out our lives for many reasons and there is always an opportunity to learn, grow, share, etc. I love her and she will always hold a dear place in my heart. Meditation is a very important aspect of spirituality for me and yes trail running is one great way to incorporate. Thank you for the prayers I carry you and Yoanna in mine daily as you all are important people in my life and I am grateful our relationship.

Tommy Shook said...

Joe, I echo Franz, but not nearly as eloquently. Keep a smile on your face, life has a great way of sending us new and exciting opportunities.