Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wisdom

As I prepare to leave for my Yoga certification I think to myself what a wealth of information and knowledge I will gather through this experience. How fortunate am I to have the ability to go into such a special environment, immerse myself in the 'stuff' and open my Beginners Mind and learn/grow.

The thing that comes to mind is that throughout this experience and beyond I need to gather all this knowledge and APPLY it. See, I am an avid student and I love learning through reading, experience, conversation, etc. However, what I realize is that at some point I must stop and put it all together, meditate and reflect followed by application to truly turn this knowledge into something useful, called Wisdom.

Yes, I am doing a few different new things right now with my Yoga, Transfromational Coaching Program, and Budokon but the key for me that I have realized is how they are all intertwined and how I can apply the knowledge from one and apply it to the others. Furthermore, I have become aware of just how well they fit into my current scheme of things I do therefore all complimenting and adding to one another.

Because of all this stuff, I have slowed on my reading and purchasing of books and focused on one book that works to put it all together for me. It is a book based off the Wisdom of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. Written 2500 years ago this wisdom put forth by Tzu is more than ever applicable and especially to my life. This particular version is an interpretation from Dr. Wayne Dyer whom I truly respect and find operates on a 'similar' level, so there again complimenting me.

It is beautiful how life is coming together and flowing, moving at is pace for me on this wonderful journey. I have found sustainable daily practices and they bring me peace and enjoyment. I am content and grateful and at the same time enthusiatic about bringing this wisdom to the forefront by sharing with others.

Thank you and Blessings
Joe

2 comments:

Rannoch Donald said...

Joe,

What a great blog! Delighted to have come across it after reading your post on Mark Cheng's. I wish you well on your journey.

Slainte

Rannoch
Edinburgh
Scotland

Joe Sarti said...

thank you Rannoch. I appreciate your taking time to read. Much appreciated!

All the best to you :-)