Monday, October 30, 2006

class workouts

Lately I have been using time as a training barometer within my classes. I have the same basic crews so I know what these folks bring and there levels of fitness. Of course, there are a variety of ways to adjust for newer folks as well.

My favorite time combos
30/30 work and rest for 5 to 10 minutes usually with 2 kb clean, squat and press or snatch
20/10 work to rest for 5 minutes done with Snatch, swings, swing squats, deck squats and for the fighters anything goes

Then I like to add in combos that include rack lunges, renegade rows, guard press, farmers walks of various kinds, and bear crawls. This portion of the class moves a little slower usually rep based with a set rest time (30 seconds).

I like the clients to get and feel the true cardio effect of the bells. Total work time is about 30 minutes (including rest). In between there is a joint mobility warm-up, instruction and stretching. For 45 minutes this seems to really be working.

A fun combo, and very tough.

No comments: