Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A new Max

Today I went after a new max. Now, I was sore in the upper hams, glutes and quads from yesterday but figured I would see how far I could go and if I was not up for I would abort the max and work some heavier singles

Deadlift
135/2x1
225/2x1
315/2x1 (feeling good at this point)
365/1x1
415/1x1

Here it is. Now I do believe that if I had some extra motivation (people who know/understand what it is to lift heavy).
1st Attempt at 495.

this was really tough, I had to work and truly grind, fighting to get to the finish. I had no problem getting it off the ground just those last few inches were really hard!

I DID IT which is all that matters and I would call this my true max.

I did attempt a second lift and fell just short, hips and legs locked just needed to finish the back.

There it is for now, 495 is my new max for the next cycle.

Pull-ups
8x4

Beat, done

3 comments:

Tim Dymmel said...

Nice job, bro! That's a freakin' ton of weight. And for only training DL once a week. You're my hero.

When do you leave for HI? We stayed at the Kiahuna Plantation in Kuaui. It was superb. Very nice and quiet.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks TD

We leave THursday, I will catch ya tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Nice work Joe! Have a great time in Hawaii.