Thursday, October 26, 2006

Snatch progression

Today warmed up with windmills

Windmill 24kg/10/10 x1

Snatch goal was 90 reps using a particular scheme 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5
10 left, 10 right and so all the way through to 5

90 reps in 4 minutes time. Now, time was not my objective, form and 90 reps were and this area I succeeded. No low back stuff and that is a victory in its own right. One I think my strength and endurance of my erectors is up by two I have begun to use more of my legs and made sure the down stroke stayed really close to the body, no swing out. Now, the technique was not perfrect but it sure was effective. I will continue to practice this and my goal for next week is to add the 4 = 98 reps (I will try 100) .

More to come, but right not this was my objective today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good stuff Joe, but I think you need some days where you do alot more total volume.jmo.