Thursday, October 19, 2006

Snatch PR

Decided to do test myself to see what I could do,non stop with the 24kg

24kg/10. 10. 10. 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 = 80 total reps with no rest

this just about kicked my ass.

followed it up with another set

24kg/10, 10, 10, 10 for 40 more

DONE...smoked but felt good.

Earlier in the day I did an exhibition at the Oracle Health Fair and did all the basics and more non stop for about 15 minutes. Only used the 16 but no resting got the ole heart rate up

Having some challenges adjusting to the temporary setting, so much unfamiliar especially in regards to the new bed (small) and the animals having to adjust makes things challenging. Sleep about 3 good hours last night with anothe 2 sporadic. So I am very pleased with my effort and no I can get 100 straight. Not bad for not training for this for some time, but I can see the benefits of the rest and of the track work.

Soon things will settle and I can get in a better routine of sorts. I feel good about today's number and my overall strength and conditioning. The deads are going veryand the track stuff is coming along nicely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done. this is what you need to do more regularly to get used to the volume for the tsc are you guys in temp housing before you move to your permanent place?

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks bud, yeah we are temporary for now, looking for a place...keep you informed

Ken Black said...

Congrats on the PR Joe.
Good luck getting a place soon.

Franz Snideman said...

That high rep snatch stuff is BRUTAL! I have no doubt that with a little more conditioning you could get to 120 + in 5 minutes.

I am assuming you are going to compete in the next TSC in March?