Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 3 of the track sessions

Started my morning with some pull-ups and pistols. I had about 5 or so minutes before my clients showed and thought what the heck

Pull-ups
8x3

total of 24 reps

Pistols (2kb in rack position)
12kg/1/1x3

These went well. The 3rd set was by far the best due to the fact the I was more focused at that point. Left side a little more a struggle but overall I was pleased.

TRACK (afternoon)
Dynamic warm-up
Marching and Skipping A's: 10mx2 sets each
Heel walks: 10m x 2
Arm Swings: 20/arm
Leg Cycle: 10/leg x2 sets
Leg Swings; 10/leg x 2
Zombies: 10m x 2
Walk Lunge stretch: 10/leg
Butt Kickers: 10m x2

Deck Squat to a Burpee with a Push-up (bodyweight)
10, 8, 6, 4, 2 = 30 total reps

I like this combo a lot. Great for general bodyweight conditioning and hits the whole body. If I had a pull-up bar I would have added a pull-up coming out of the burpee (jump to the bar).

400 Meter Repeats
4 reps
Time breakdown
1:21min
1:40min
1:40min
1:30min

I came out way to hard and felt the lactic acid buildup. Plus I am a little tight from the Snatch workout yesterday (hams, glutes and their tie-in). This had an adverse effect on the subsequent sets. So, I need to learn a better pace. 1:45 is about right with a 1 to 1 work to rest ratio.

KBs tomorrow

No comments: