Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Track Day

This is the only day we could get in so Carl and I decided to do a blend of exercises on the ladder and sprint wise.

Warm-up with or Dynamic Drills to get the body focused on the task ahead

Ladder Drills
Linear first, followed by lateral and then hops. A variety of drills which took about 20+ minutes. Again I can see it all coming together and I moving faster and much more coordinated, this does not meanit is any easier I am just stronger.

Cone Drills
30 yards total separated in 5 yard increments
Linear run: 0 to 30, 0 to 25...0 to 5 with a sprint out.
Great Conditioning exercise

Lateral Shuffle. Same idea

Tempo
500 yards

We both burnt out quick but still a great workout. Wish I would have known this stuff when I was competing in athletics

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Nice Joe...love to see you doing the track stuff. Remember come this January you've got make a weekend trip down here so we can sprint in some 60meter dash comps.

you in?

Franz Snideman said...

of course, assuming my back is okay! My back feels better than it did before. Still vulnerable in some positions but overall I have no pain :)

You would love the 60 meter races. It's like jumping off a cliff.

Tommy Shook said...

If you teach me how to get out of the blocks, I'll join you guys...;)

Never had a problem jumping off of stuff!

Joe Sarti said...

Franz, I am in for sure. It will be fun. Have a lot of work myself yet especially for that distance, but I look forward to racing with you.

Tom, Come on down, we will have fun

Thanks for the comments Gents, Be well and continued success