Saturday, December 16, 2006

Frank and I at it again

Well, well it is time to train for Frank with his up and coming fight on Feb 10th against Renzo Gracie in Mississippi. Cool thing is we will be on Showtime that evening.

http://www.elitexc.com

So safe to say it is time to get serious. We started to train yesterday with an intensive mobility and stability program. Today we took it up a notch and I joined in

We did
Physioball
Med Ball
Bosu
Dyna Disc

all this was our warm-up which lasted about 45 minutes, nice warm-up. Of course he did most of the work since it is about him and not me but I did my fair share. I even did the old Bosu Pistols (both sides up). We came up with a bunch of cool stuff just playing around with various combos of these tools. Safe to say this time around we are using a variety of tools and the bells will soon be incorporated.

Then we finished off with a cool combo ladder of Pull-ups and Dips, here is how it went down
10 pull-ups Frank, 10 me, 10 dips Frank, 10 me all the way to 1 and 1 of each, nonstop he go, I go. This was brutally fun and nice since we could truly push and challenge one another.

We did one last icing on the cake boxing combo using the free motion.

Great workout and more to come. I will do some training throughout this prep time with Frank just depending on what he wants from me.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

ah there ya go.you wanted a training partner and a purpose so there it is! have great fun dude and get frank in kick ass shape. showtimes bigtime!he should have no problems with renzo.

Joe Sarti said...

thx Rif, it should be fun. Stay tuned, hope we get a fight locally next year

Franz Snideman said...

Nice Joe. I love the dip / pull up ladder from 10 to 1.

Rock on Brother!

How are things with you?