Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hang On

The Grip, that was the motto for todays training or at least it seems to feel that way. After a warm-up with the Indian Clubs and moving to the Clubbells the real grip training began. Today I had the great pleasure of introducing my good friend Mike to Ken Black and two other impressive men in Pete Diaz and Corey, the Iron Punk as well as some real heavy training with many odd instruments

We used the Indian/Clubbells, the rolling thunder (for serious grip and a lesson in just how much stronger one side is than the other), the blobs for more grip work, The Big Tire for some flipping and serious core, hip and hamstring drive, the 150 med ball which we pressed with all our might overhead, the 200 pound odd ball of sand the we shoulder, the Fat Bar deadlifts, grippers (#2), the rope climbs, the muscle ups, and some gymnastics on the rings ( a blast). I may have missed something in here but I think that about covers the variety of tools we used and just how taxed we were (speaking for Mike and I) after wards. Totally different feeling, all the fatigue in the grip, forearms.

What a great day we had, and since I cannot remember all the weights you can check out Ken or Petes Blog for their descriptions of this very cool day of fun lifting with a few good men. All this work was something I had little to no experience with and it made it all the worthwhile. I truly enjoyed the clubbells, tire flips and of course all the bodyweight stuff (climbs and rings). The Med ball presented its own unique challenges and I really enjoyed feeling strong. I have to say I was definitely motivated being around these men and just seeing everyone step up to the challenge and give it their best.

I love feeling strong.

Thanks to all the men for a wonderful day of training

No comments: