Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Meditation

Sunday I had an amazing experience, something I have never felt, a place I have never been before. When I say feel you must understand that there truly was nothing, no feel, no thought, just complete freedom and stillness.

Sunday I was lead through a body work process, no touch just talk. As I sat there listening to the gentleman lead me through a process I begun to feel a lightened feeling in my body, a freeing of thought of my ego, of my mind and as the process, the journey continued it got deeper and deeper and before I knew it I was it a true meditative trance.

Through the process I heard the sounds of cars which became the sounds of waves gently rolling on the sand and then I felt like a stream gently flowing amidst a state of serenity in a serene nature environment and then it was all gone, emptiness, freedom and I was.

After a period of time, how long I do not know I woke myself out of this state and I had an overwhelming and wonderful feeling of peace, of freedom.

I have in the past felt the power of concentration, of focus but never this state. To truly describe what I felt, etc is almost to do it a disservice but at the same time I wanted to share this powerful moment in time and the fact that I feel peaceful and free in my heart and soul.

I am and have been planning to do this meditation course and now I am even more excited to do so.

No comments: