Thursday, December 28, 2006

Rocks

Yes, rocks as in rock climbing. Today we went to the indoor rock climbing gym. Since we are not certified we had to boulder.

Let me just say this, the rating starts at V0 and goes to V12. Supposed V0 is equal to a 5.10 climb. Ok, basically this means long arms, long legs and light bodies are going to do much better and if you know me I have none of those traits :-)

I have to say I at least was able to accomplish V1 but it took numerous failed attempts. Remember, use your legs because it is not long before the fingers, forearms and arms fatigue and if you are not using the legs then it is a fall to the mat since there is no ropes in the bouldering portion.

We did this for an hour and half before fatigue was to overwhelming but this is great for grip, core, balance, and skeletal strength.

I will now rest and recover


20 minutes of joint mobility

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Nice. I love rock climbing. Although it is very scary as I have fear of heights. Also brutal on the grip if you don't use your legs like you said.

rock on!

Joe Sarti said...

LOL, I too have a fearof heights and the 10 foot free fall to the ground isquite exhilirating :-)

My forearms feel the after effects

PS: I will bein San Diego on the 26th of Jan...I think

Franz Snideman said...

Cool. Let us know for sure and you can stay with us, okay?