Monday, July 16, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Big pull Day! Felt strong and I feel the numbers match. Plus my first day using a belt and I must say there is a bit of mental edge with the belt on.

Deadlifts (Speed Day)
after warm-ups (following typical pattern).

405/1x10 (no more than 30 seconds rest)

Simply put these moved really well. A big speed day such as this was great for the confidence and I waws able to put together last weeks tip of protracted shoulders and have some really good pulls

Rack Pulls (2 pin hole) approximate start place was mid shin.
315/1x1
405/1x1
455/1x1
495/1x1
505/1x1

Feels good having this big weight in my hands. I feel a good 500 pull in my body coming!

Pull-ups
10kg/10x1
10kg/8x1
10kg/6.5x1

I felt I had 15 in me on my first set which is great.

This was a great day for my confidence. If I only knew the GS Snatch for this test just for the hands. I love the hard-style approach being that is my attitude type, hard and fast. But I understand and repsect the GS Snatch and can see why the techniques exist.

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

those were the fastest I have ever seen you pull 400, much less for multiple sets! well done.