Friday, July 13, 2007

Limiting Factors

One of the drawbacks for myself snatching the 32kg has been the degradation of the hands. I cannot count how many times I have torn the palms but it is one too many. Nonetheless, this is part of the training. I do not care about the tears per se but it does have an affect on the other training days and this is not productive. Thank goodness I am creative and wise enough to work around this but the fact that I am having to constantly work around this issue is a challenge. Therefore I figured I was going to go for a couple big swing sets with the 24kg since I could hook grip this bell into my finger tips.

Morning Workout
100 squats
100 walking lunges
100 push-ups
100 crunches


Evening workout
1 Arm swing
24/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 (50 per arm a person record of 100 total 1 arm swings)

Now, I decided at this point to go for a big set with the 32. I was successful hook gripping the 24 and figured I could do this with the 32 even with transfers and not affect the hands.

32/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 (40/arm for a total of 80) this took 2 minutes and 20 seconds to complete and my heart rate was 180 at the end. I could feel the skin pulling on the transfers but not having to snatch and just swing allowed me too set my grip and maintain for the reps. This was tough and those last 10 hurt but no biggie. :-)

Pull-ups (finger tips)
10x4

Well I made the adjustment, had a great workout and plan on really working the 1 arm swing with the 32 for big rep sets and making sure to pop the bell up to shoulder height simulating a good snatch. Just need the hands to heal as these last tears were the worst I have had.

All part of the most fantastic journey we call life and I love every minute of it. I am blessed and pleased and look forward to the next workout and the next breathe.

No comments: