Monday, July 09, 2007

Pulling Again

Been a couple of weeks since I pulled some big weight so back to the grind today

Deadlift
135/3x1
185/3
225/3
275/2
315/2
365/1
405/1
427/1
438/1x2
454/1x2

Wow, that was a big pull and did not have my shoulder blades properly positioned which pulled me off balance making the grind much more challenging. The second rep was definitely the best

Speed Pull
337/1x12...30 sec rest max between reps

These were the best. Rif figured out the shoulder blade thing around rep 5 and then I was able to bang out the additional rep with strong form.

Pull-ups
45/2x1
56/2x7

Felt really well connected to the pull-up bar today. Thought my body called on the appropriate muscle groups at the right time. Very pleased with this.

Presses
40/2/2x1
40/3/3x1

Just had the urge to pick up the dog and press it! As the workout progressed I felt stronger and more engaged physically to the protocal for the day, therefore pressing the dog felt appropriate! Shoot, feels good having the big boy overhead especially when it is more than half my weight!

Great to be back at Stones, training again but what I would do for an extended vacation. I truly am a travelling man. I love being on the road experiencing the splendors, riches, peoples, scenery, foods, cultures, and the beauty of taking the roads least travelled to new land. As life progresses I am planning more big trips and within the next 5 years I hope to be on the road more and doing more humanitarian work along the way as well as write and do photography. The world is just so amazing and this last week we had the opportunity to explore our own backyard and all its glory!

1 comment:

Franz Snideman said...

Huge frickin pull bro!