Monday, July 30, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Wow! What a fantastic workout today. The energy at Stones was off the hook. Rif, Tracy, myself we were all in a great training place today. I walked into them doing there Max VO2 workouts and was inspired.

Deadlifts
warmups
135/3x1
185/3x1
225/3x1
275/3x1
315/2x1
365/1x2 Belt
405/1x1
455/1x1
495/1x1
517/1x1 PR

YES! This was awesome. Rif felt I was looking strong and I admit I was feeling strong. I have to say the first time I looked at the 5 plates on each side I was thinking, "this is some serious weight", but I nailed it and Rif decided to through 2, 5kg plates on and Bang, got it!

I feel I am on a good pace for the TSC and all this training, the submax loads has truly made me feel strong and technically far better than ever. I am so happy to have Rif as a coach and have the support that I have had through this journey.

Pull-ups
10kg/12
10kg/6
10kg/4

I did not have enough time to properly rest since I had a client therefore sets 2 and 3 were a little short of what I felt i could have done with proper rest, still I am again pleased.

Super stoked and to go on a journey and see and feel the progressions and to give positive feedback to your coach as well is great and sooooo worth every training day!

5 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Your deadlift is outstanding. How many pullups are you aiming for?

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you....15 is the goal and 80 snatches

Aaron Friday said...

You'll be awesome. Just stay balanced and take care of yourself. You're a good guy and I want to see you do well.

That's 15 with 10kg, right?

Joe Sarti said...

gratitude aaron, will do! and w? 10kg ;-)

Franz Snideman said...

You ROCK!

Saw the video on Rif's Blog. You are so lucky to have Master Yoda himself up in your neck of the woods coaching you. You guys make a great student/coach combination.

Keep it progressing brother!